- 1 (12-ounce) package whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 (14-ounce) can black beans, no-slat added, rinsed and drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable broth, Trader Joe's Low Sodium
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse under cold water, drain and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan heat vegetable broth, over medium heat. Add the black beans, corn, tomato, bell pepper, onions and cilantro. Sauté all vegetables for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix vegetables with the pasta.
- In a small bowl whisk together lime juice, honey, cumin, and black pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta and vegetables, mix well and serve.
Nutrition facts (per serving – 1 cup): Calories: 235, from fat: 6, total fat: 1g, cholesterol: 0mg, sodium: 7mg, total carbohydrate: 47g, fiber: 4g, sugar: 5g, protein: 8g.