About 30 years ago as an acupuncture student, we had a guest speaker talk about the pharmacological properties of Chinese herbs; that was Matt Van Benschoten. Information poured at light speed and after class I asked if I could observe with him. To my amazement there were no labels on any of the jar in his herbal pharmacy; I wanted to know herbs that well. As soon as I got my license I started working for him and have been there ever since. Decades at the foot of the master have given me the understanding of formulating the appropriate antidote for my patients’ complaints. I earned an L.Ac and OMD from California Acupuncture College and I attended international College of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Nanjing, China.
Joe McSweyn, O.M.D., L.Ac.
- Chinese Medicine
- Herbal Formulas
- Drug-Herb Interaction
- Toxins to Avoid
- Vegan Resources and Recipes
- Find or Contact Us
- Treatable Conditions
- Dental Health
- Indoor Mold
- New Patient Information
- What to Expect on your first visit.
- About Us
- M.M. Van Benschoten Interview
- Articles by M.M. Van Benschoten
- What our patients have to say about us.
- Office Blog
- Matt’s Blog
- Payment and Insurance Policy
Ask our Associates your question.
- Slow Medicine and Scientific Evidence April 23, 2013
- Baked Tofu Stir-Fry with Cabbage & Shiitakes – Vegan October 1, 2014
- Broccoli Soup – Vegan October 1, 2014
- Penne Salad – Vegan – SOS September 30, 2014
- Spinach and Mushroom Salad – Vegan September 30, 2014
- G6PD by Gila Varis Case Study September 8, 2016
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease / Acid Reflux / Heartburn By Alan Sher L.Ac June 29, 2016
- Depression and Traditional Chinese Medicine: Treating the Mind and Body as One By Jordan Hoffman, L.Ac., Dipl. OM June 23, 2016
- Dental Fillings and Heavy Metal Toxicity March 31, 2016
- Meat Consumption November 5, 2015